Monday, July 2, 2012

House update

So I was gently reminded by a friend that we actually haven't updated our blog with house pictures.  After the initial push from August to December 2009, things kinda slowed down for finishing.  A little paint here, trim there, oops the wrong stain on the corbels... Well you get the picture.  Essentially we were waiting to get stain off the corbels and re-stained the right color (natural) to put up the numbers and call the house DONE.  Well, the numbers went up May 31st so we can call it DONE!!

When we purchased the house it was 1960's vintage ranch single story home.  The first renovation focused on the interior.


I won't bother with the pictures of the progress of the renovation since they are already posted somewhere on this blog.
 The after results show the two story, 6 bedroom, 3 bath 2800 sq ft result.

We tried to go for a look that reminded us of our favorite ski locations.  I think if you lifted our house up and stuck it in Colorado, it would fit in...






















This is a shot of Ajay's room.  Hand painted by his Auntie Nina, Uncle Joe and Auntie.





Since today is a typical Monterey summer day, (June gloom) I will take a full set of photos of the interior and exterior on the next sunny day and post a full tour of the new house!



1 comment:

Lori Jaeski said...

Beautiful Kristin! It's so amazing what can be done to spruce - er, build - a place up! Love the exterior! I hope we'll be able to visit again someday and see the interior!!